Eggplant chips? What? Yeah, that’s right.
This recipe was made on accident. I was actually attempting to roast eggplant & tomato slices with parmesan and basil, but ran out of tomato slices in the process, therefore leaving a few lonely pieces of eggplant on the baking tray which I topped with some garlic and grated parm.
Well, the tomato & eggplant creation (although sounded good) was just mediocre, while those lonely slices of tomato-less eggplant with garlic and parm were AH-MAZE-ING. See, an accidental yummy discovery. Oops, and yay!
These chips are more “tender” than crunchy, but have a little crispness from the browned parmesan cheese. The sea salt and garlic make them finger-licking good!
Here is what they look like pre-oven. You’ll want to place them right up next to each other, but don’t overlap.
Oh, and I purchased the baby eggplants. They’re about the size of my palm. You could absolutely make this with larger eggplants, you’ll just have larger “chips” and may have to bake for a wee bit longer.
And here is what they look like post bake. You can see they shrink down, so you’ll want to be careful not to over season. Easy to do!! I did the first time.
Oh, the move you ask? We did it! We’re moved! The brunt of the work is over, but the to do list is growing exponentially. Boxes to unpack, boxes to break down, wall decor to hang, floors to mop, piles of laundry to wash! My head is spinning! I had this recipe saved on the back burner so thought now was a fitting time to post while I try to achieve normalcy in my life again!
We absolutely adore our new home though. It’s everything we could have dreamed, and more! When I finally feel like it’s somewhat put together, I’ll post some interior photos and give you all a virtual tour!
Until then, make and devour some Eggplant Parmesan Chips! 🙂
- 2 baby eggplants
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375* and line a large baking tray with parchment paper
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove outer skin from the eggplants
- Thinly slice eggplants (about ¼ inch thickness) and evenly layout on the baking tray (Place next to each other but don't overlap)
- Brush the olive oil over the eggplant slices and evenly sprinkle with the garlic, sea salt, and parmesan cheese (do not over season as they will shrink up!!)
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown