Happy hump day my friends! The weekend is within reach – yeah!
Making your own pita chips may be easier than you think! A drizzle of olive oil, a light sprinkle of seasoning, and a quick trip to a warm oven! These are a healthier alternative to the store bought versions because you can control the type and amount of oil used. Nothing hydrogenated here!
I used olive oil, but melted coconut oil would also be a great & flavorful alternative. I’m a big rosemary fan, so I sprinkled some dried rosemary on top and accompanied that with a little sea salt & pepper.
- 1 package whole wheat pitas
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges
- Brush the tops with olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
- Coat evenly with salt, pepper, and dried rosemary
- Place in one layer on a large sheet tray (use a second sheet tray if needed)
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown in color and crispy